Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
Chakrila
Banned
Forum Member

Default Politics

cuz everyone hates them and it seems to infest many other threads.

open fire!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:30 AM   #2
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Bush rocks.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:32 AM   #3
Chakrila
Banned
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalana
Bush rocks.
haha this threads bout to be successful... or locked...
Old 08-14-2008, 07:36 AM   #4
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakrila
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalana
Bush rocks.
haha this threads bout to be successful... or locked...
I knew this would get the ball rolling...

I like Bush, because it only proves to me how idiotic the world truly is. They blame our president when they don't even understand the way our government works. He's not a monarch. He cannot even declare war without congress's approval. The president of the united states is a figure head... Lacking much power. If any one group of people hold a lot of power in our country political-wise, it's congress.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #5
Chakrila
Banned
Forum Member

it was only a matter of time...

Old 08-14-2008, 07:41 AM   #6
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakrila
it was only a matter of time...
Roflmao... That's hilarious.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #7
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here are my opinions on the following political topics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	foreign_relations_218.gif
Views:	48
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	25702   Click image for larger version

Name:	foreign_policy_566.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	25703  
Old 08-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #8
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

So Africa doesn't exist to Americans? Then I'm not real? Nuuuu!

And wouldn't that picture contradict itself? It's a stereotype about American's stereotyping the world. Everyone does it and that picture is proof lol.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #9
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

To the discussion I would also like to add this. I know its lazy of me to keep letting pictures and videos do my talking for me but you know what? I'm American and I have the right to be rude and lazy so fuck off!
.!, >< ,!.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #10
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee
To the discussion I would also like to add this. I know its lazy of me to keep letting pictures and videos do my talking for me but you know what? I'm American and I have the right to be rude and lazy so fuck off!
.!, >< ,!.
Lol...
Haven't seen that movie since it came out.

codehale34 (12 hours ago) Show Hide
+4 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
this should be the national anthem.....

Lmao, that comment on the video was great
Old 08-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #11
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Bush is as much to blame for the Iraq debaucle as his staff and congress is. Congress sucks currently, all the old farts in it need to be put in retirement homes.

The CIA: Oh Iraq doesn't have anything we should be worried about.
Colin Powell: Invading Iraq is a bad idea.

Bush and company: Fuck you guys we're going in!

We went into Iraq for two reasons. First oil, but that's obvious. Bush wanted a friendly government over there in charge of the oil fields. The second was a distraction from out failure to capture Bin Laden in Afghanistan.

The truly sad part is the sheer number of idiot Americans who still think Iraq was responsible for 9/11. I bet georgiagirl there is one of those (if not a troll).

Bush's biggest mistake aside from going in cowboy style in the first place was listening to that dumbass Rumsfeld on military advice.

Bush chose to ignore anyone who didn't agree with him on the issue.

When I look at everything together I almost agree with those 9/11 conspiracy theorist freaks.

A 12 year old Korean kid could have planned the Iraq strategy and we'd have been cleanly out long ago.

The Bush administration: military incompetence, economic downfall, the rape of the constitution, fear tactics that would make Hitler roll over in his grave.

And congress, a bunch of fucking idiots to sign through the patriot act.

Ignorance is the bane of America, the bane of progress. Ignorance begets fear, and fear is an easy in to take control of the people.

In the upcoming election my biggest problem with McCain is that he thinks going into Iraq was the right thing to do. How does he arrive at that conclusion? Iraq had nothing that could hurt us. If he's going in from a humanitarian "we're freeing the people from a tyrant" perspective it doesn't work. There are nations in Africa being slaughtered, mass genocide where we should go in, where going in would be the right thing to do. Oh yeah oil. Africa has no oil, thus we don't care.

That said, I dislike Obama's stand on energy. He doesn't understand, we need to drill. As much as we may hate it, as much as the environmentalist nuts don't want us to, we must drill. And we must convert to nuclear power.

Fucking bureaucracy. Spending must be drastically cut and as much as we hate it, taxes must be raised if we ever want to get out of debt.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:19 PM   #12
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

The political bullshit in my state is there's a recent gang of cockmonglers who say "Lower taxes and lower city spending = MORE MONEY 4 U". Ten American dollars (IE the price of 2 gallons of fucking gas) says that those are the SAME people who bitch about:

1) Roads
2) Graffiti
3) "Bad" schools (and not the students)
4) That their shit doesn't smell when they take a dump.

These shitheads wanted the city to cut about 10 million dollars from the school budget. What the hell? I mean fucking seriously. Do people know what fucking state taxes go to? You can have your cracked to shit roads, your graffiti'd neighborhoods, your no field trips, your no free school bus system, your retarded children who can't write because the school can't buy paper; I'll be over here in the real world. The one that realises that taxes and city spending are fucking important. The money you think you're saving with no taxes is going to go to the services that you fucking got for paying taxes in the first place. But guess what? It'll be EVEN MORE expensive, because it's you, and, not the city, that is paying for it.

You call the city to clean up graffiti near your house. The city says they don't have enough funds to go and do that because the budget got cut to shit. Now if you want it gone, you have to pay money out of your own wallet to fix it. And because it's a private company, and not the government, you get reamed in the wallet because it's a for-profit company; not the city.

Long story short; America is fucked. And it's all our* fault.

* = Not the people who actually realise this, and actually try to fucking do something about it.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:17 PM   #13
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

So instead of necro bumping my old "Forbidden Thread" you instead make a new one. Thanks a lot. Its almost as if you're TRYING to start a political firestorm.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #14
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,587 Times in 3,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenrick
So instead of necro bumping my old "Forbidden Thread" you instead make a new one. Thanks a lot. Its almost as if you're TRYING to start a political firestorm.
haha well some people don't do searches ;/

wonder if I should do a "forum prune" to clearup some super old threads so there isn't so much to "look for" ...hmmm O_o
Old 08-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #15
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
haha well some people don't do searches ;/

wonder if I should do a "forum prune" to clearup some super old threads so there isn't so much to "look for" ...hmmm O_o
Need to find a way to encourage people to do searches maybe.
Also, unless you're running outta room for server space, I don't think it's really needed to clear up old threads. Never know when someone might want to read some of that, see how things were on neko-sentai of years past. :P
Old 08-14-2008, 10:01 PM   #16
Lalana
Regular Forum User
Dat Modder
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barachiel
Bush is as much to blame for the Iraq debaucle as his staff and congress is. Congress sucks currently, all the old farts in it need to be put in retirement homes.

We went into Iraq for two reasons. First oil, but that's obvious. Bush wanted a friendly government over there in charge of the oil fields. The second was a distraction from out failure to capture Bin Laden in Afghanistan.

The truly sad part is the sheer number of idiot Americans who still think Iraq was responsible for 9/11. I bet georgiagirl there is one of those (if not a troll).

Bush chose to ignore anyone who didn't agree with him on the issue.
Bush may have chosen his cabinet members (Every president gets to.) but he did not choose congress. Our country voted for every single person in the house, and senate. The fault lies with us for voting for such people, if anything. People should think about it before ranting about how they are so awful.

It's funny how easily people are influenced by the media's view. No common citizen ever said such things as "Oh yea, we're there for oil!" until the corrupt media began trying to come up with reasons we should all hate the president. Wars take time, and constructing a government takes a whole lot more. Look at Russia, they tried to rush into forming a democracy and failed miserably. Leaving a weak, defenseless new democracy (That the large majority in Iraq welcome) to deal with the uprisings that will take place immediately after we pull out is idiotic. It stopped being about fighting Iraq a long time ago, and began being about rebuilding its infrastructure.

I don't know of a single person at all who believes Iraq was responsible for 9/11. Everyone knows that Bush went in with the claims that there were WMD's and many chemical weapons banned by the Geneva contract. He had ample reason to believe this, because it looks awfully suspicious when Sadam wouldn't allow a team of experts to investigate. That's enough reason to declare war right there, but France and Russia were trying to talk us out of it only for us to discover they were both selling cheap arms to those under Sadam's command, which was internationally banned as well. While no WMD's were found, there were two prime things you seem to forget: The first being a long record of purchases made for materials to construct long range deliverance devices, as well as several materials most commonly used in chemical warfare. We even found launchers, and chemical weapons that are banned from use that HAVE been used.

Do you forget that President Bush had like... The highest approval rate there has been during the time we went to war? It wasn't until the media got ahold of him that people began doing their things: being zombies to the media.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:52 PM   #17
fudgie
Oh, God damnit...
Dat Modder
Forum Member

I'd say what I have to say but Barachiel already said it. Except that something also needs to be done about water. There are plenty of solutions: Desalinization, for one. If push comes to shove we could ration it (yeah, land of the free and home of the brave huh?). Or, we could spend some (read: vast) amounts of money on research to manufacture water. Hell, a hydrogen fuel cell already produces 100% pure water as a byproduct - just go from there, PLUS it generates energy. Problem solved? No. There is no one solution. There is no quick fix, no easy way out. The time has come for humanity, not just the country, to live up to its generations of over-consumption and overpopulation. Fossil fuel supplies are dwindling. Water is disappearing (no honeybee wisecracks, now), and our population is exceeding the limit of the planet. The mistakes and indulgences and decadence and greed of all our generations as a civilization, as a species, are coming to a spearhead. We ourselves may not live long enough to experience the drastic effects, but it will be our children's children who will pay the ultimate price. The damage has gone unchecked for too long. We can wait no more for the problems to fix themselves. Yes, it is true that the world heals itself. It is also true that this process takes thousands of years...Humanity may not live to see it. We must take action. We can't sit idly by and hope the problem fixes itself. It is up to us and, probably, our children to ensure that humanity lives on. Ultimately we must have faith in our right to survive, as a species, as a civilization. The world is sick, and we are slowly dying, so it's our job, and ours alone, to heal it.

Come to think of it, I did have a bit more to say than what Barachiel said.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:49 AM   #18
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Approval ratings mean shit when most Americans can't or won't think for themselves. We'll see a major power shift in the country when the next few generations get through higher education and the baby boomers die off, the old way of thinking and doing things (in congress) will hopefully die off with them. I hate the media for the very reason that they (mostly) tell Americans what to think. It's not their fault though. Writers, columnists, editors, reporters all have their opinions that they are free to voice. More-so I'd say I hate the people who cannot form their own objective opinions and subscribe to collectivist thought.

As to nearing the population limit of the planet, that's not the dangerous part. The danger comes in that our technology and hubris will allow us to drastically exceed what the ecosystem can support before it utterly collapses under our weight. So rather than a worst case scenario of a few tens of millions dying off before we regain equilibrium, some hundreds of millions, if not billions will perish before the ecosystem can come into balance again.

I can't recall exactly what study it came from, but an alarmingly large portion of Americans do believe Iraq attacked us on 9/11. I know of one personally, and let's say he was thoroughly humiliated in short order.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum