Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 08-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #1
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,422 Times in 3,372 Posts

Default Pandemonium Warden

So, i just saw psots about this thing.... personnaly I wonder what SE is thinking when they made AV basically unkillabe, and now this...

ontop of that, supposidly it cna take to an upwards 18 hours for this thing and same goes for AV supposidly it takes 18 hours to down.

I've heard of challanges... but comon now thats kinda over doing it imo
Old 08-15-2008, 01:55 AM   #2
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Any boss fight longer then 30 minutes-1 hour is stretching it. :\
Old 08-15-2008, 02:41 AM   #3
Mattakuevan
Demi-Fiend in the Making
Forum Member

I agree, I mean. Back in the day we took forever to beat Fafhogg, but that was due to inexperience. My ls eventually got him down pretty fast along with sky and the such.

But 18 hours.....and theres nothing you can really do about it? That's not hard, Its just stupid. It reminds me of how all my friends told me to get to yiazmat from FFXII cause he takes like 6 hours. And It took me about 4 hours....4 LONG and BORING fucking hours. I already hated the damn game, and now the most unnecessarily long boss ever that is considered hard/fun?

Why do the Japanese think Time = Difficult... I have studied Japanese culture for years and I still don't get it.

P.S. Then again a lot of what Americans call hard is kinda meh too, a.k.a Twich Combat.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:03 AM   #4
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Heh... Yiazmat is why I traded FF-12 in. I loved the game, story, Balthier... but then it came to that fucker. No thank you. >.< And yeah, playing a lot of shooters I wonder why people think clicking the button faster then the guy at the other end of the crosshairs is difficult... or were you more refering to fighting games or something?
Old 08-15-2008, 03:04 AM   #5
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Well this boss apparently is like a shape shifter...

As as I heard it changes to a "leader" of each beastment type... then 1 of each general sorta thing.

As he changes, he goes back to 100% hp.. also spawns 8 little adds that are shape shifted to match the main one and do the variousa bilities.

Notice 8 summonter type mobs = 8 astral flows :P

Also get sinsane regen or attack power, massive debuff aoe spams... and they also while in the "main machine" form the little 8 adds do a lethal multi status laser.

Each ad has 25,000hp

As far as I know highest hitting spells of blazy blm's with like Flare 2 was like 1600-1900 at most. Considering there are 8 of these running around... I'd presume its pretty crazy
Old 08-15-2008, 03:09 AM   #6
Serventire
Forum Member

I was at that PW when BtL was fighting it. That was such a fucking long fight, I couldn't even stay there the whole time, got bored after 3 hours.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:41 AM   #7
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

i saw this shit on tv

they say people were passing out lol
Old 08-15-2008, 06:01 AM   #8
Serventire
Forum Member

Well, it was an 18
Old 08-15-2008, 06:56 AM   #9
XionAstra
Bringer of Ruination
Forum Member

And SE remind us that we shouldn't our real lives to play FFXI only to put in something that you effectively have to pop when you wake up and hopefully it'll be dead by the time you need to get some sleep.

Seriously, tons of HP and multiple forms doesn't make something difficult, if anything it makes it tedious. True difficulty is what SE did with the Airship fight in CoP, or snoll before CoP was 'nerfed'. Though others may say that a race against time isn't difficult.

What is worse is that for PW you are effectively doing the same thing over and over with just small adaptations based on TP moves. From what I've read about it the fight goes like this:

1. Pop PW
2. PW does Hellsnap
3. PW changes form as does it's lamps
4. Pull lamps 1 at a time and kill.
5. Kill PW in fake form.
6. PW changes back to true form and repops lamps
7. PW Hellsnaps again
8. Go back to step 3 unless it decides to not change form.
9. ????
10. PROFIT! (or more likely some useless drops and an earth crystal)
Old 08-15-2008, 07:09 AM   #10
Mattakuevan
Demi-Fiend in the Making
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythago
Heh... Yiazmat is why I traded FF-12 in. I loved the game, story, Balthier... but then it came to that fucker. No thank you. >.< And yeah, playing a lot of shooters I wonder why people think clicking the button faster then the guy at the other end of the crosshairs is difficult... or were you more refering to fighting games or something?
Yeah, I was talking FPS. Though I guess it could be applied to some fighters..... especially SSBB.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #11
goshtin
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I've heard of this thing but it looks WORSE than av to me..
look at all those ads.. there must be 20 extra mobs there
Old 08-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #12
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

I heard about this one ScrewAttack yesterday. I don't know which group fails more, the people who spent 18 hours trying to kill it or Square for making it last 18 hours. Hell I could barely stand doing Kirin for 2 hours. If my linkshell spent 18 hours fighting a HNM I'd be pissed if they killed it was I was asleep. What about the people who spent all their time helping only to have a handful [usually the LS leaders] get all the drops? That's what I hated most about HNMLSs, they exploit their regular members to gear out their omnipresent 'core' members. It's all just a big waste of time and 'll be damned if I ever let that happen to me again. MMORPG endgame is like a freaking job in every game. -_-
Old 08-15-2008, 11:17 AM   #13
kaolla11
Kitty Kitty BOOM BOOM
Forum Member

Default Re: Pandemonium Warden

Remember SE wants its players to not forget their School Job Family Friends and Life.... PTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTT Yea and this dike will sudenly deside she likes giving blowjobs >.<
Old 08-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #14
Gauruda
Forum Member

"Please Remember you're friends, family, and worlk" ~ and bring them along with you so you can take shifts when fighting PW or AV! :D

SE really needs to re-evaluate what "hard" is, at MOST PW should be a 5~6 hour fight, or at least(i know it's been brought up in other forums) drop a pop item every 3~ or so forms that lets u start on the pop you left off on, or even have a good chance of dropping one of it's sought after items after defeating a form (Witch's Sash, Yes please!)

roughly the same goes w AV, you already have the long and bland fight that is JoL before AV has a chance to pop, then after the 2 hours(give or take)JoL fight ur group has to stay up for an additional 18, 10 if ur lucky?! oi vei, SE...excellent story tellers, horrible when it comes to customer care.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #15
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

What they SHOULD do is drop the fight down to 1-2 hours tops because long fights aren't hard. Just long, boring, and exceedingly tedious to the point of... pointlessness. What were they thinking when they thought up an 18 hour boss fight?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #16
Gauruda
Forum Member

nah they wouldnt go so far as to do that, i can kinda see where they're comin from...they wanna make it gear that not everyone can get so easily. if it were 2 hours only it'd be like lolkirin's osode and jazz like that, far too easy. but there is nooooooo need to surpass 10 fruitin' hours D:
Old 08-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #17
Kazander
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

we know kirin can be waxed in 30 seconds with kracken club drks an brd
an a allaince of only 8
i wonder if this like kirin can be cut down by an first assualt by the drks
toss a couple of cor two hrs rinse an repeat

prolly would take an allaince +a couple of fiull pt's outside healing
Old 08-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #18
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Well since it dies/reraises to 100% hp and pops 8 new adds, I'd think doing something like that would rape your entire LS in about 1min with adds O_o
Old 08-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #19
Gauruda
Forum Member

yeah hehe i dont think there's a quick "burn" method for PW :P
Old 08-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #20
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythago
What they SHOULD do is drop the fight down to 1-2 hours tops because long fights aren't hard. Just long, boring, and exceedingly tedious to the point of... pointlessness. What were they thinking when they thought up an 18 hour boss fight?
Agreed... wasting up to 18 hours of my life on one fucking monster isn't worth it.

The stuff AV drops is nice, but it's not worth that much time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff