Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 08-17-2008, 11:05 PM   #1
iwuvchocobos91
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Question! Registration Codes

Hey all, my friend bought FFXI a long time ago so she could play with me (but had no means of paying for it.) She used her registration codes and had the free month, but lost her Playonline ID and password.

Since some game stores sell the $3 starter discs, would we be able to just take the reg. codes on there, make a new ID, and buy her expansion codes later?

(She has Vana'diel Collection 2007 all installed on her computer, I believe.)

She really doesn't want to have to re-buy the game, and I was curious to if that would work instead.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:14 AM   #2
jay
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

if you still have the booklets with the registration codes and know all the personal information the account is registered to, you can try calling Square/Enix to have them give you the POL ID and reset your password
Old 08-18-2008, 12:36 AM   #3
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

If she has *all* of the registration codes that were on her account, and still has the credit card number used in the original registration of the account, you can get your account reset, and she can get it back. But whether or not the chars would be in tact would be another thing.

Either go on POL live support or call them up, but usually calling is the safer bet, albeit takes longer than live chat.

But that's the alternative. You don't *have* to buy anything but the core game, expansions are completely optional, and you can register an expansion code at anytime through POL.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:01 AM   #4
iwuvchocobos91
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris
If she has *all* of the registration codes that were on her account, and still has the credit card number used in the original registration of the account, you can get your account reset, and she can get it back. But whether or not the chars would be in tact would be another thing.

Either go on POL live support or call them up, but usually calling is the safer bet, albeit takes longer than live chat.

But that's the alternative. You don't *have* to buy anything but the core game, expansions are completely optional, and you can register an expansion code at anytime through POL.
Okay, I see...well, she never was able to "play" so she has no characters. Thank you so much, we really didn't want to buy another game, so this will be so much easier x_x

Thank you!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff