Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » NPCs, Mobs, Chocobo etc

Notices

Old 09-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
kuroijishou
Evil Overlord in Training
Forum Member

Default SE's Changes to FFXI over the Years... ^^?

I was in a conversation with someone who has played the game for a long time and somethign interesting came up. He told me that there's been changes to the game over time, one i knew about... the Mithra Sit style. Others he told me included: 1 Taru Female face that was hair straight down like the Yuffie-like Hume Face but blue with blue eyes, and the first Hume M face had longer hair at the back, and that they changed the Taru /sit or something.

I was wondering if those two were true... And if so was there a copy of those somewhere so I can see them :?:

Mind you I'm taking some of this with skepticism but he also said that even after changing the faces, the ones with the original faces kept them, i.e., those with the old Hume M Face1 still had it, but you couldn't make characters with that face any more.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:10 PM   #2
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Default Re: SE's Changes to FFXI over the Years... ^^?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroijishou
I was in a conversation with someone who has played the game for a long time and somethign interesting came up. He told me that there's been changes to the game over time, one i knew about... the Mithra Sit style. Others he told me included: 1 Taru Female face that was hair straight down like the Yuffie-like Hume Face but blue with blue eyes, and the first Hume M face had longer hair at the back, and that they changed the Taru /sit or something.

I was wondering if those two were true... And if so was there a copy of those somewhere so I can see them :?:

Mind you I'm taking some of this with skepticism but he also said that even after changing the faces, the ones with the original faces kept them, i.e., those with the old Hume M Face1 still had it, but you couldn't make characters with that face any more.
I've never seen these ones they are talking about. I've watched FFXI and game design since back in 2000 and even seen photo's of all the races when it was first released in Japan. Tarutaru Females did not have that face, and I didn't notice any Hume M face that was made like that originally.

The change that was done I can tell you and confirmed by Importers was that the NPC mobs use to interact with eachother more. For example they use to have Mandragora's and Gobbues together and the Gobbues would actually consume a Mandragora it caught.

Other such similar things, but they had to change the behavior because it was leaving to few mobs for players to exp with. That change was done like during the first month of it's Japanese release. As far as character models and the mobs and changes to them. The only I recall was of course Mithra's sit, mobs movement behavior some would walk up to unreachable areas.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:40 AM   #3
kuroijishou
Evil Overlord in Training
Forum Member

Okay, thanks ^^ Hehehe Now i can set someone straight.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
Kanikou
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Twitter: Kanikou

I played for 4 years (since JP release) and unless my mind is HORRIBLE, I don't recall ANY of that stuff, besides the mithra one.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:47 PM   #5
Sonomaa
Forum Police

Default Re: SE's Changes to FFXI over the Years... ^^?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroijishou

I've never seen these ones they are talking about. I've watched FFXI and game design since back in 2000 and even seen photo's of all the races when it was first released in Japan. Tarutaru Females did not have that face, and I didn't notice any Hume M face that was made like that originally.

The change that was done I can tell you and confirmed by Importers was that the NPC mobs use to interact with eachother more. For example they use to have Mandragora's and Gobbues together and the Gobbues would actually consume a Mandragora it caught.

Other such similar things, but they had to change the behavior because it was leaving to few mobs for players to exp with. That change was done like during the first month of it's Japanese release. As far as character models and the mobs and changes to them. The only I recall was of course Mithra's sit, mobs movement behavior some would walk up to unreachable areas.
this was actually changed due to memory limitations on the PS2, the interaction was considerably higher between npcs, there were a lot more emotions, NPCs would touch each other, shake hands, /slap existed. almost all of the extra emotes were not dupes like now, npcs and mobs interacted a lot together, and the original intention was also to have them fight together based on being enemys. all scrapped because of the extra AI required and memory loss

ps2 limits FFXI in ways we cannot begin to imagine, its why they cant fix half the exploits around, simply because of the damn PS2
Old 09-19-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,213 Times in 3,294 Posts

They should just.. seperate PS2 from the rest where they can addon more advanced stuff, probably attract more with enhanced PC/PS3/Xbox graphics etc
Old 09-19-2006, 04:52 PM   #7
Kyero
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

is it me or do Humes have a very large neck? or is it just A1
Old 09-19-2006, 05:55 PM   #8
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero
Looking at the models some of them do have varied sized necks. Lion has an especially small neck compaired to other models.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #9
Kyero
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Looking at the models some of them do have varied sized necks. Lion has an especially small neck compaired to other models.
any DATs to make them smaller for A1?
Old 09-19-2006, 08:29 PM   #10
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Don't think so, but that should be an easy fix since it's only resizing. Though would have to see if A1 is different and which one are you looking at Male or Female?
Old 09-19-2006, 08:32 PM   #11
Kyero
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Don't think so, but that should be an easy fix since it's only resizing. Though would have to see if A1 is different and which one are you looking at Male or Female?
Male lol, I remember a Dat that does a number of things to A1 male Hume like make the neck skinnier and fiddles with the hair to make it less 80s style
Old 09-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #12
gengenskitty
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

SE should do the slapping and what not stuff and release it as comp exclusive material, the PS2 can die~ >~<
Old 09-20-2006, 03:50 PM   #13
Saphire
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
They should just.. seperate PS2 from the rest where they can addon more advanced stuff, probably attract more with enhanced PC/PS3/Xbox graphics etc
according to what I read they aren't released FFXI for PS3, think they said they'd need to code the game from zero for it to work with the system, and that they'd rather do a new MMORPG.

If this screenshot truly is from their new MMORPG, I'd switch without hestiation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zoom_01_710.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	2895  
Old 09-20-2006, 04:04 PM   #14
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire
Quote:
according to what I read they aren't released FFXI for PS3, think they said they'd need to code the game from zero for it to work with the system, and that they'd rather do a new MMORPG.

If this screenshot truly is from their new MMORPG, I'd switch without hestiation.
If I recall that is suppose to a quick sketch up they had made to demonstrate the PS3's graphic capabilities. Not likely you'll see the XBox360 reaching this kind of quality for an MMORPG, XBpx360 is an improvement that's for sure but doubt it could handle the strain that an MMORPG of that quality would produce.

Also as it seems it looks like SE wouldn't even have to phase out the PS2 from FFXI, seems more like the Retail industry is going to force that out for them. Just look at how hard it was to find a PS2 version of "Treasures of Aht Urghan" I had to go to like 6 stores before finding one that was actually carrying it. The other stores only said they had no plans to stock their shelves with that product, and still to this day haven't seen them sell the PS2 version of it.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:17 PM   #15
Saphire
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I don't live in the USA, so I placed my order on ebay as soon as it became available :p

Not sure why is it that they don't produce enough units though, it was tricky to find CoP aswell
Old 09-20-2006, 04:30 PM   #16
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
I don't live in the USA, so I placed my order on ebay as soon as it became available :p

Not sure why is it that they don't produce enough units though, it was tricky to find CoP aswell
Not that they didn't produce enough, it's that the demand for the PS2 version from the Retailers wasn't there.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:15 PM   #17
gengenskitty
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:

if thats the PS3 graphics then my comp can run laps around it easily <,<
Old 09-23-2006, 10:41 PM   #18
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengenskitty
Quote:
Quote:

if thats the PS3 graphics then my comp can run laps around it easily <,<
Don't get to cocky there, specs wise most comps right now don't have the power to match XBox 360's processor and PS3 is stronger then it. Only reason it a graphic might appear less then what you draw out of the computer is because generally the gaming industry preffer performance over quality.

So sure you might get a HQ 3D model to run laps around it but your computer's performance is going to pay dearly for it with more and more models it has to load. In the PS3 with the computers right now would run laps around them. A few more months and the PCs will likely be able to get that bragging right and more back.

It's a matter of if you'd really want extreemly beautiful looking graphics but moving like a snail, or having almost as good and being able to run like a cheetah. Don't forget the more latest stride the games are going for is wear conditions, meaning seeing a character sweat and respond more to what happens. Doubt the computer can boast that kind of bragging rights with it being able to beat the current game consoles.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:10 PM   #19
Kanikou
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Twitter: Kanikou

Hmm...I recall that MMO being for the new VIsta and 360..so I'm pretty sure the graphics could reach it. Honestly, I do remember SE saying they had no current plans to release a PS3 port, but it's still possible when the PS2 is pretty much erased from existance, since more then likely, alot of people will have switched over by then.

Either way, since I don't use EN/U/NA version of anything gaming related..can't wait for the new mmo, if it isn't that sexy oh well..new mmo, with SE's new skills for MMO design = fun, FE is fun as it is..just..I feel this new MMO would be a prettier FFXI (since normally, when they create games, they stick to one style for AT LEAST 2 games, FF1-3 for example.)
Old 09-24-2006, 12:34 AM   #20
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Don't go hating on PS2, or I'd never be around ; ;

Anyway, there is some truth behind this, I seen a video of the game while it was in production, and there were a few differences.

1) Hume M had a different model.
2) Galka were green skinned (Yeah, at one point we almost had the Hulk as a character)
3) Fafnir flew into Dragon's Aery

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » NPCs, Mobs, Chocobo etc