Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Public Directory » Forum Announcments and Info for Guest/Members

Notices

Old 09-18-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,213 Times in 3,294 Posts

Default New Host in the Future -Notice

Ok, as some noticed I had a bandwidth issue earlier >.>

I found a new host that allows... waaaaayyyy more bandwidth and waaaaayyyyy more space

its about 10X the current bandwidth and 10X the space I got currently(well I got unlimited space currently but ya never know when the host notices that haha ^^:)

Current host 100GB limit transfer (upped it a bit jsut recently)
New host 1,000GB transfer

anyway, I'm thinking I'm going to switch over since its about the same price as my current host.

This move will...

Give alot more space
More bandwidth - This sites doing over 100GB bandwidth every 15 days at about 150,000+ page views every month.

Of course I hope to have a "smooth move" and no messup or anything in the process. check here for updates on that.

Anyway further updates will be posted of when and so on.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:04 AM   #2
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Er actually I found where I can unlock my domain+ change DNS servers manually sooo

This thursday September 21, 2006 I will be making a backup of the site, ANY changes or posts or attachments you post will not be saved as it won't be on backup as I move the site to a new host.

The site may or may not be down a few min,hours,day or so. All depends on how fast DNS servers update the change etc.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Will be doing the Site backup and moving process tonight.

This may take awhile since I need to upload near 2GB at 50K/sec ish >.>

May have a temporary site up with the site up )and hopefully working correctly with all posts, attachments etc)

May take a day or so for all this to happen but the site I think should be up and running by like saturday/sunday.

I will replace the forums with a page with a notice of the temp url etc of the new site it is up (or there may be no site temporarly as DNS changes etc etc.

Woulda been easier if they were using Cpanel and I could upload a .rar but I gotta upload manually a massive large 2GB+ >.>

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Public Directory » Forum Announcments and Info for Guest/Members