Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Elvaan エルヴァーン .dats

Notices

Old 09-28-2006, 04:43 AM   #1
Naoko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Can someone Help me make a RDM DAT?

ok i love all of Lowtechs dark elvaan dats. and as much as i love to see my cute elvaan walking around in her RDM panties i had this great idea. on lowtech PLDs dat it shows a elvaan with the same tight shirt like its RDM counterpart. but it has a front and rear flap and even tho it hide what undies my elvaan is wearing i think its super cute. I tried to think of a way for me to add this little flap on lowtech rdm tabard but i lack the skill that all of you here have soo please can someone help me with this? Im not so good at making dats.. i spent days and days just to make my own dark elvaan face. which if u want just ask me :3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lowtech_pld_front_131.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	3064   Click image for larger version

Name:	lowtech_pld_rear_130.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	3065   Click image for larger version

Name:	old_redmage_tabard_155.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	3066  

Click image for larger version

Name:	old_tabard_rear_210.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	3067   Click image for larger version

Name:	miyu_redmage_150.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	3068  
Old 09-28-2006, 05:58 AM   #2
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

So if I understand this right, you want the rear/front flaps to be thiner like that PLD AF edit?
Old 09-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #3
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

This doesn't look overly difficult. There will be a few tricks I may have to try, but it shouldn't be too hard. 'll see what I can do when I get off work.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:40 AM   #4
Naoko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
So if I understand this right, you want the rear/front flaps to be thiner like that PLD AF edit?
no no i dont want the flap to be smaller. i would just like to have that flap on the tabard like it is on the PLD gear. but just have the same design as the rdm tabard.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

I was going to work on this, but yesterday I came home with a massive headache. I feel better today, but I have a busy schedule with starting a new job and things like that. I'll try to get to this, but you may have to wait at least a day or two.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:50 PM   #6
Naoko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenrick
I was going to work on this, but yesterday I came home with a massive headache. I feel better today, but I have a busy schedule with starting a new job and things like that. I'll try to get to this, but you may have to wait at least a day or two.
thats fine. just thank you very much for your help <3
Old 10-06-2006, 04:45 AM   #7
Naoko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

ive been trying to edit dats for my elvaan leg armors and they come out looking nice but why is it whenever i convert my bmp to a DDS file it gets a redish pink light color added to all the colors of my texture? is there a graphics converter that doesnt do that pink tint when u convert to dds? and can anyone help me with this dat project ; ;
Old 10-06-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
kuroijishou
Evil Overlord in Training
Forum Member

Did you open the original .dds file, open the .bmp and replace the original texture and then Format > ST3C Format > DTX3 and then save ti out as something else? I read in a prior thread somewhere doing that causes quality loss in the .dds files.

Try:

1.) Saving .bmp with you gfx editing program.
2.) Open up Grafics Converter 3
3.) Open the original .dds and "Save as Alpha Channel..." the Alphachannel with a name you'll know
4.) Close the original .dds and then open up the modified .bmp
5.) Open as Alpha Channel the Alpha you saved out.
6.) Format > ST3C Format > DTX3 (this is what works fine for me. not sure which you SHOULD use, lol)
7.) Save your new .dds texture
8.) Close Graphics Converter 3 and open up Change Tex and you should know what to do from here :D

If that coloration loss still continues... then I don't know exactly what is going on but I have yet to have any discoloration problems with the above steps.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:07 AM   #9
Naoko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroijishou
Did you open the original .dds file, open the .bmp and replace the original texture and then Format > ST3C Format > DTX3 and then save ti out as something else? I read in a prior thread somewhere doing that causes quality loss in the .dds files.

Try:

1.) Saving .bmp with you gfx editing program.
2.) Open up Grafics Converter 3
3.) Open the original .dds and "Save as Alpha Channel..." the Alphachannel with a name you'll know
4.) Close the original .dds and then open up the modified .bmp
5.) Open as Alpha Channel the Alpha you saved out.
6.) Format > ST3C Format > DTX3 (this is what works fine for me. not sure which you SHOULD use, lol)
7.) Save your new .dds texture
8.) Close Graphics Converter 3 and open up Change Tex and you should know what to do from here :D

If that coloration loss still continues... then I don't know exactly what is going on but I have yet to have any discoloration problems with the above steps.
thank you ill try that out. cus im trying to edit lowtechs rdm pants dat from red to black but the dark elvaans skin goes from tanned to pinkish tan orz

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Elvaan エルヴァーン .dats