Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 10-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
lFvl Inari
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Japanese windows?

Anyone else have japanese windows? I would type some japanese stuff, but usually it shows up all weird like if you dont have japanese support. It would be cool to chat with someone else who has japanese aim! :wink:
Old 10-05-2006, 05:03 AM   #2
Hadrubient
Forum Police

If it's comming out wierd like that it's probably because your system doesn't have the Japanese Non-Unicode set up for it to interprit the information in AIM or other programs. Browsers can translate it because the browser can detect the non-Unicode type and converts it to that otherwise you get a jumbled mess.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
Miasama
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Is there any way to get japanese-windows-based programs to install correctly on english-windows?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:22 PM   #4
Rina Refine

applocale and changing ur regional settings to japanese~
if u want to chat in japanese, u can still use a english account [email protected]
and chat in english too on MSN messenger :)

Old 10-06-2006, 12:19 AM   #5
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasama
Is there any way to get japanese-windows-based programs to install correctly on english-windows?
Yeah, Control Panel -> Region and Language

In there you'll find a section that sets the OSs Non-Unicode Region. Change that to Japanese and it will read japanese programs like normal. Thing you got to be aware of is some English programs will stop working, also installing some programs will detect your system as Japanese and install the Japanese version of it even if you intended for it to install the English version. One such program is Gimp, it detects your OSs setting and installs accordingly.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:56 PM   #6
Miasama
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasama
Yeah, Control Panel -> Region and Language

In there you'll find a section that sets the OSs Non-Unicode Region. Change that to Japanese and it will read japanese programs like normal. Thing you got to be aware of is some English programs will stop working, also installing some programs will detect your system as Japanese and install the Japanese version of it even if you intended for it to install the English version. One such program is Gimp, it detects your OSs setting and installs accordingly.
What if I just want to install a program that only comes in japanese, and then I want to set my laptop back to english? Also, this program is an add-on to an existing pc game i'm playing, in english. So could I change the region settings, install it, and switch back and play in english with the add-on?
(sounds too complicated even to myself, but I'd really love it if this could work ><; )

Also, I dont know any japanese at all, so i'd kinda be working blindly.. lol. Any advice would be appreciated ^^;;;

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum