Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 10-05-2006, 06:00 AM   #1
Rina Refine

Default request~

can someone make this .mqo into a .dat~?
it's a recoloring and point pulling thingy i did on F5~...
and it might need some changing because i never got to it work... :(
it's just something that i can see in metasequioa? :(
Attached Files
File Type: rar f5c_127.rar (96.6 KB, 49 views)

Old 10-05-2006, 09:28 AM   #2
luna_panshiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

if you're not going to bother even reading the advice i gave you in your last thread, please don't even bother posting asking for help

http://www.neko-sentai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634

i already told you what you needed to do
Old 10-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
Rina Refine

the following might make ppl feel bad so plz stop reading now if u want to be happy...
and the fact ppl who argue on the internet are dumb... (me)

1. u didnt explain clearly enough, im not experienced lyk u, would a Lv1 person who just started FFXI understand utusemi tanking at Lv75+? if they have a life, no...
2. if ur going to get mad at me, please send a PM, not make other ppl who might read the board feel awkard/bad (this is my last arguing post with u...)
3. im not asking for help, im asking for someone to do it for me, my model viewer probably isnt the same as urs, and there is more than 2 or 3 out. (plus mine is JPN ver.)
4. "Edit: i'm too lazy to type out all the alpha mapping steps, you can just look up a faq from grumpy rarab" - i dont know how to do that, and i dont realli think that's the most nicest thing to say (it would be okay if i PERSONALLY asked u for help)
5. the only person who can realli tell me what to do here is gulky... and i started this thread, it's not "luna_panshiel's help to modding thread"
so please leave me alone if ur just going to say mean things... unless u realli think someone gets happy from us arguing about things that most ppl dont care about...

Old 10-05-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
luna_panshiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

there is so much i can say about this response, but the lack of thought and typing skills speaks for itself
Old 10-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #5
Tisaragi
Forum Member

All I could do for you was apply the texture you did to the the org wire frame for 5A/B. I'm no sure what progrom you used to edit the wire frame but I was unable to use it. Keep in mind every vertex you add has to have a skeleton weight so the only place you can add them that I know of is vrs. It's a shame the frame wouldn't work its very nicely done.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 102_120.rar (16.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 10-06-2006, 12:25 AM   #6
kuroijishou
Evil Overlord in Training
Forum Member

Heh... I tried making the .dat back in model viewer and got strange... results like the head bunching up to the ears almost and nothing anywhere else. All i was able to do was apply the texture too. The texture work looks nice. ^^
Old 10-06-2006, 03:35 AM   #7
Murrr
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

when you convert a mqo back to dat in modelviewer you have to have the base dat selected you converted to mqo before.
theres also some way to totaly screw up and modelviewer just crashes when you try
to convert back to dat >< not sure how this can happen, but it did and the mqo i made
became useless ; ;

And what Tisaragi said, no adding or deleting vertexs in metase.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:10 AM   #8
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

If you still need this done I can try for you.

EDIT: I need to do it in VRS it seems, all I can do is edit the texture file then resize stuff in VRS. Seems pretty easy and should take less than a day.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:42 PM   #9
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Took a look at it, reason you can't get it over into model Viewer is because you augmented the mesh vortexes. Basicly, the ingame engine can't handle the smoother look cause Metaseq doesn't, as previously stated, att the proper weights to it. Thus the missaligned weights try to comphensate and the end product is just a mess. I'm sure it could properly be done in VRS, but unfortunately that isn't something I"m good enough to do ~.~

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section