Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Hume ヒューム .dats

Notices

Old 10-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
Tiriti
Forum Member

Default Quick Question about motion dats (18+)

After trawling for a good while I tried out the Hume F Idle and 18+ "Healing" Dats and the quality and amusement factor is brilliant, the mods are top-quality.

I also saw that a chappie over at ffxidats.com extended the "/Heal" motion to spellcasting:
http://www.ffxidats.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1377

From what I gather I think he took the xoops .dat and modded the Standing Masturbate to replace the White Magic Cast whilst keeping the sitting Masturbate for /heal and the Spread-Eagle for /sit.

The thing is, I like the Idle Mod since it makes the character more realistic, and I like the /heal mod as well as the spellcasting one, but I'm not a fan of the /sit motion in the latter, which comes included in the xoop /heal mod and therefore the casting one; the whole spread-eagle thing doesn't do it for me.

Is there any way to seperate the /sit from the rest of the mod, keeping the standard /sit?
(I.E. Replace the modded /sit animation with the standard one whilst keeping the new /heal and White Magic Casting)

Or do I have to bite the bullet and chose whether to take the whole package or none at all?

I suppose what I'm asking is if someone can replace the /sit in the Casting mod with the original game /sit.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
Cyranal
Anjunaboy
Forum Member

You can do it pretty easily using VRS. I did the same for my WHM and BLM casting motions. I even changed the upper body motion of the Hume F crafting to use the BLU casting motion cause it looks cooler when crafting. Of course, this all requires you to have knowledge of using VRS.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:30 AM   #3
Tiriti
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyranal
You can do it pretty easily using VRS. I did the same for my WHM and BLM casting motions. I even changed the upper body motion of the Hume F crafting to use the BLU casting motion cause it looks cooler when crafting. Of course, this all requires you to have knowledge of using VRS.
Tried using VRS but I can't seem to import FFXI Data, The Model importer button isn't even there ><, I tried playing around with the program but with no experience and a Google'd tutorial I never got past the Default screen. :x

Do I need any extra Programs/Plugins or just a better Guide? Keep in mind I have no experience with VRS or editing software like it

EDIT: Nvm, didn't have DirectX updated ><

Still clueless though ; ;

2nd EDIT: Can't make heads or tails of VRS or its controls, let alone Mod anything ><
Any chance someone would be willing to Edit the .dat in the OP to include the original /sit instead of the spread-eagle one?
Old 10-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #4
Cyranal
Anjunaboy
Forum Member

I could probably do it for you. It's easy and will only take a few minutes to do.

However, if you'd like to learn you can try Grumpy's tutorial found here.

Swapping motions is fairly basic. You open up a model, read a motion and then save that motion as a different motion.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
Cyranal
Anjunaboy
Forum Member

Sorry for the delay. Life got busy the last few days. Here is that file you linked to except with the normal /sit motion. Hope you were able to figure out VRS a bit. Comes in handy when customizing your own dats.
Attached Files
File Type: dat 1_32_58_198.dat (2.80 MB, 332 views)
Old 10-11-2006, 05:00 AM   #6
Tiriti
Forum Member

Thanks for the edit and work Cyranal, it's much appreciated, delay wasn't a problem, been too busy xping lately.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:15 AM   #7
tblomega
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

i am having a similar problem on the vrs bit im trouble shooting as im in the mood no avail yet. anyway i love the idel & heal emotes but i also love another heal i saw posted in this form (doggy style) & was wondering if some1 could creat the dat so idel is as it is not sit would be the current heal emote & heal would be the doggy style emote?

(ps: yes this is my 1st post & tho i cant edit .dat's (yet still hold hopes on getting vrs to work 1 day i got a surprise in the works i plan to publish here very soon(imj currently compiling all the nude humeF mithra & elvaan F files into a file structure finalfantasy xi>rom1-3>1-189/1-11/1-13 (numbers may not be exact rom 2-3 are there because my super pack includes the cop/zilart/toau chick mods so u have nude CS's too)) when im all done i plan to compact to a SFX .rar to auto extract to default path)(can any1 say 1 click massive dat install no headach style(& im also plaing to repeat the procses when im done with original files for a easy "undo")

PPS: if some creats this & i get it soon enuf it will be in the "dat pack" as im calling it.
PPPS: for files that there are numerous options for i am choosing my favorit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Hume ヒューム .dats