Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #1
arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Quitting

well i've quit FFXI and now about to move to WoW to play w/ my friends irl. Does anyone know if at the end of the month i will have to pay what i normally do or pay the new price?
Old 10-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #2
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

You'll pay the full price at the end of the month.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #3
Chakrila
Banned
Forum Member

good luck with playing middle school again
Old 10-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #4
Random
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

come to twisting nether with me :3
Old 10-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
Kibz
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I almost went to play WoW, but it was so ugly and it didn't want to let me log on. Not worth the free download and free trial to try again 10 minutes later :roll:
Old 10-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #6
Insane
what
Forum Member

I'm back on wow now~I got tired of FFXI again and quit it for good..so if your on Uther /w Insanelol or Dopeshow or on Lethon /w mezraq.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #7
Fafnir
MECHWARRIOR OF NEKOSENTAI
Forum Member

Default Fayttt

FAYTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 10-08-2006, 10:23 PM   #8
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Hey! I know WoW looks cartoony but that doesnt mean its ugly >< the game has some very beautyful scenery and the gameplay is sweet ... but it is indeed to fast.. but the game is about completing quest and PVP not "Omg i got to get to lvl60 as fast as possible" :D I too play WoW but i quit and wont go back until the expansion :D Im gonna be a Blood Elf Paladin :D
Old 10-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #9
Claude
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Been thinking of quitting FFXI for awhile now. Maybe play WoW untill Vanguard:SoH is finally released. Only reason I still play FFXI is because of online friends.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:01 AM   #10
arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude
Been thinking of quitting FFXI for awhile now. Maybe play WoW untill Vanguard:SoH is finally released. Only reason I still play FFXI is because of online friends.
yeah that was pretty much the reason here, played for like 2 years now and i've seen alot of good people go, eventually i'd just end up standing in one place thinking what to do, then log out and go play counter strike
Old 10-09-2006, 01:02 AM   #11
arucart
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

and i don't really care bout the WoW graphics i used to play none stop warcraft 3 back in the day heck i've still got the first ever warcraft
Old 10-09-2006, 01:20 AM   #12
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,212 Times in 3,294 Posts

hmmm wondering if I should maybe make a WoW section, although I don't play it and don't really have any pics/mods for it (I seen a nude dat for WoW) people might like it, dunno :P
Old 10-09-2006, 02:07 AM   #13
Kibz
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Hey! I know WoW looks cartoony but that doesnt mean its ugly >< the game has some very beautyful scenery and the gameplay is sweet ... but it is indeed to fast.. but the game is about completing quest and PVP not "Omg i got to get to lvl60 as fast as possible" Very Happy I too play WoW but i quit and wont go back until the expansion Very Happy Im gonna be a Blood Elf Paladin Very Happy
I don't just mean cartoony >.> I mean their characters are ass ugly!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:38 AM   #14
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
hmmm wondering if I should maybe make a WoW section, although I don't play it and don't really have any pics/mods for it (I seen a nude dat for WoW) people might like it, dunno :P
If you're going to make a new game section, I'm more in favor of something like RO2 well before WoW. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibz
I have to agree with that. The humans aren't too bad, but everything else is. I mean, who would want to see a female from the Horde side? :shock:
Old 10-09-2006, 05:09 AM   #15
mithra_naughty
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickern
Quote:
If you're going to make a new game section, I'm more in favor of something like RO2 well before WoW. :P

Quote:
I have to agree with that. The humans aren't too bad, but everything else is. I mean, who would want to see a female from the Horde side? :shock:
The graphics really doesnt matter IMO i have a 60 palladin and a 60 shamman on WOW now and to my amazment even a priest/WHM is 1 of the hardest things to kill in this game makes it interesting and its not like a chess game of who's turn is it to swing. The best part of it is everything is very fun and entertaining. Items are very fun and easy to obtain unlike camping a monster for 3 hour windows to HOPE an item to drop. I can kill for 3 hours straight and almost guarintee the drop.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #16
Insane
what
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
The toons are cartoony in a way because it goes with the game well just like the characters in FFXI have to look the way they are to match the game. Think about it if you saw wow's massive zones/subzones on ffxi would you stay? And there is a nude mod but it's useless I tried it when I first played WoW in feb>june but I lost the site for it :( but the female characters arn't bad either once the horde gets the Blood Elf females in the expansion they'll actually have an hot race on their side :o.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:24 AM   #17
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
The toons are cartoony in a way because it goes with the game well just like the characters in FFXI have to look the way they are to match the game. Think about it if you saw wow's massive zones/subzones on ffxi would you stay? And there is a nude mod but it's useless I tried it when I first played WoW in feb>june but I lost the site for it :( but the female characters arn't bad either once the horde gets the Blood Elf females in the expansion they'll actually have an hot race on their side :o.
Exactly one huge advantage WoW has over FFXI ... Load screens the only time you will never zone are instances or crossing to the other island thats just about it
Old 10-09-2006, 09:09 AM   #18
Saphire
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Exactly one huge advantage WoW has over FFXI ... Load screens the only time you will never zone are instances or crossing to the other island thats just about it
While FFXI doesn't need an excuse as 'sucky polygonal graphics fit in the world we tried to make' or to hide this with bright lights everywhere.
Not to mention it has several extremely complex and interesting story lines.

WoW has three things: ability to play solo, PVP and the ability to jump. Other than that it looks like a garage game. Hell, even the font it uses looks unprofessional.
And the raids? Whats the point of riding a city if you can't conquer it?

If we are getting a new section I'd go for ragnarok online or phantasy star online.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:16 AM   #19
Jattou
Regular Lurker
Forum Member

Probably one of the largest draw-ins for me to play WoW was more the ease of play, I loved FFXI, but there would be days when I'd log in for maybe 3 hours tops...and sit in my MH or walk around Whitegate. I'd get Burn PT invites if I didn't anon on my WAR or NIN but I just wasn't up for it, one thing that kept me interested for a while was playing with SAM/RNG for a month or two(see attached image to see why). Otherwise I'd log in to do nothing and it felt like a complete waste of my time, I tried leveling MNK but after getting 57 I lost the passion for it. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire
While FFXI doesn't need an excuse as 'sucky polygonal graphics fit in the world we tried to make' or to hide this with bright lights everywhere.

WoW has three things: ability to play solo, PVP and the ability to jump. Other than that it looks like a garage game. Hell, even the font it uses looks unprofessional.

If we are getting a new section I'd go for ragnarok online or phantasy star online.
[rant]

That's just stereotyped brainwashing :/ I used the graphics excuse too much and all I can say is it grows on you, and if you are a fan of WC3, then you love the look already (nothing says awesome like seeing the Heroes from the game). And I fail to see what's so complex about FFXI's stories, they're pretty much in the same build as the old FF games. Honestly unless you've spent atleast 30 levels in either game you can't pass judgement imo, I hated WoW adamantly but when I played I found out it's a very well made game. The PvP system is more robust than "XtremeSoccerlol" and the level of customization into characters leads to less instances of what I called "wow I wish I picked a different model :(". Raiding the cities also isn't exactly a focal point either, it's more of a "Hey, we got like 60 bored people in Epics...let's go raid one of the other factions cities and kill their leader!", the real raids are 40 man instances in places like Molten Core(think Ifrit's Cauldron, only worse by yourself) and other various places like it. The real pull of the Endgame in WoW is something FFXI can't beat, because if you raid in WoW you see the stuff you want drop, and there won't be competition for the mobs that drop it outside of your own guild(unless you're in a pickup group). That combined with the fact that when a new high level instance comes out, it drops even better stuff for your job, not like Fafhogg who after 3 years is still the most heavily camped HNM in the game.

[/rant]

I don't regret quitting at all, and I may try to rip FFXI down but it's not like I don't have good reason to do so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0014_141.png
Views:	73
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	3479  
Old 10-09-2006, 12:00 PM   #20
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I hope your saying this from experiance I mean getting to lvl60 and doing End game stuff if not dont say its a garbage game please... People say the same thing about FFXI and they havent played it.

I can list good and bad things of both WoW and FFXI and out of the list i've made FFXI has 2 more :(
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff