Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 10-14-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
mackcowanii
Forum Member

Default Please help!

Hey uh..well first I go to a boarding school so the internet has alot of restrictions, they never specifically block FFXI because I think im the only one here who plays it...anyway it is turned off at 12 mid-night every night and this really sucks on the weekends. Normally I would just call it quits but all webpages are still browsable after mid-night (done purposly i think) and AIM is blocked under all proxys/ports. MSN messanger is blocked if you try to sign on but if you sign on before 12 it does not kick you off. I have it set so I automatically log in to this site but it always fails when I try to log into yahoo mail or hotmail...I think its blocking secure connections. If anyone has any ideas words can not express my thankfullness ^.^
Old 10-18-2006, 12:08 AM   #2
mackcowanii
Forum Member

*BUMP* really I would reallly appreiciate if someone could pleassse help me ;;
Old 10-18-2006, 01:02 AM   #3
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,214 Times in 3,295 Posts

no idea on that heh... all I could say is... get your own internet I guess :P

That or get to know the techs really well XD
Old 10-18-2006, 01:12 AM   #4
Hadrubient
Forum Police

From the sound of it the firewall or proxy server is set to shut all connections except for port 80 when it's midnight. I would give instructions on things you can try but this is something that would be incredibly hard to explain over the internet. Basically I would have to try and compress about 30 pages worth of information.

However if they are leaving port 80 open, then it's possible to create a channel out still. You'd have to look up outside proxies and basically what it's going to be is a website setup to channel all data through port 80 and the website open on your end would retranslate it back out.

This along hacker level of stuff so if you are not tech savvy enough to identify your IP, the Gateway IP, network's proxy IP, and your internet IP. Then trying to create this portal would be beyond your capabilities.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:28 PM   #5
mackcowanii
Forum Member

hmm port 80 is webpages? so basically i just need to apply a proxy to FFXI that uses port 80?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
mackcowanii
Forum Member

Default BUMP

um *bump* and more importantly I have tried proxycap and many other things that might work, having trouble with all of them. I have discovered though that an HTML proxy on AIM that uses port 80 and port 443. The proxy's port is set to 80 and the Auth. port is set to 443, I have tried setting both to 80 and both to 443 and only the combination of both works, which makes it difficult for me to get things done. FFXI also doesnt mention anything about using HTML proxies in its network config, if you have any ideas please help me out ^^ Id really appreicate it, and let me know if your on Unicorn ^^

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff