Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Hume ヒューム .dats

Notices

Old 10-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #1
Rudiwudi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Anyone knows how to..

Port Skelettons? Or if it's even possible? I'm working on my model, as I wanted a Manthra (Shush. Those females need atleast one male <_<) and I'm having trouble with the tail. I tried copy/paste the tail part from the mithra skeletton, but when I ported it, it came up as nothing had been changed ;;. I could add the tail, but it wouldn't move correctly. Kinda' had that 'erected' look o_O which I'm not going after.

Anyway, here's a pic of the head which is the only thing I managed to do so far.

Any help or reply would be greatly appreciated (^_^)b.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #2
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Can you do the ears for A1 too? that be awesome :D
Old 10-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
Rudiwudi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Here you go for the 1-A. Just don't have a look at it in Metasequoia, it's pretty messy xD *lazy*.
Attached Files
File Type: dat humem_1a_with_cat_ears_117.dat (69.0 KB, 46 views)
Old 10-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #4
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Adding tail skeletons to the Hume male skeleton is possible, but you gotta realize something very important... motions. All the current Hume male motions do not do anything with your new tail, so it's not going to move at all and by stiff like that. If you really want it to move just like a Mithra's tail, all the Hume male motions would have to be edited to move the new tail skeletons. :P
Old 10-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
Rudiwudi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Uh huh. Then no tail for meh ;;. I tried reading a tutorial to understand motions.. but I got lost on the first post. I didn't manage to open the motion file, so. I guess I'll have to check that again @_@ *gets some aspirin*.

Though if I understood right, it's adding to the HumeM motion the part which 'tells' the tail how to move? So it kinda' would be a copy/paste with some adjustements to do? =o
Old 10-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #6
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiwudi
Uh huh. Then no tail for meh ;;. I tried reading a tutorial to understand motions.. but I got lost on the first post. I didn't manage to open the motion file, so. I guess I'll have to check that again @_@ *gets some aspirin*.

Though if I understood right, it's adding to the HumeM motion the part which 'tells' the tail how to move? So it kinda' would be a copy/paste with some adjustements to do? =o
I haven't tried editing motions myself, but from what I understand, yeah it would be basically copy from the Mithra motions and paste to the Hume male motions (would probably also have to change the names of the skeletons.) The only problem would be finding and matching up the same motions (VRS doesn't make this very easy :roll: ) To open motion dats, you click on the FFXI Motion open button, then it comes up with a little window that lets you browse for the motion dat file you want to open, and then there are numbers for the upper body motion, lower body motion, and skirt motion. The upper body motion is probably the only one you have to worry about since the tail on Mithra is part of the body, not the legs. (I could be wrong about this tho.) Anyways, good luck. You'll need it. :wink:
Old 10-14-2006, 02:17 PM   #7
Rudiwudi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

How could I miss that 'open motion' in the 'Tool' window o_o. *feels stupid*.
Thanks anyway ^_^ *goes to get lost in the thousand of hundred .dat files and VRS commands* /hurray! xD. If you don't see me replying within the 6 coming months, it will probably mean that my brains imploded.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #8
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,213 Times in 3,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiwudi
How could I miss that 'open motion' in the 'Tool' window o_o. *feels stupid*.
Thanks anyway ^_^ *goes to get lost in the thousand of hundred .dat files and VRS commands* /hurray! xD. If you don't see me replying within the 6 coming months, it will probably mean that my brains imploded.
"macht" made a nice psot on motions if you haven't seen it :P

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/dat...rs-motion.html
Old 10-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #9
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

If anyone gets this done PLEASE post it here >< I would gladly kill for this kind of DAT XD
Old 10-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #10
Rudiwudi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

It's the one I'm trying to understand ^_^;. I didn't manage to open a motion yet.. though I did make VRS crash o.O; and it scared me there. I tried opening a normal body piece and it said it couldn't read the skeleton file for HumeM xD. Luckily restarting it made it work normally ~

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Hume ヒューム .dats