Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 10-18-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Show Your Self! (RL pics of you)

This thread shall be about Pics of you doing stuff or just showing off

heres a pic of me to start off -_- (no insulting Comments plz that goes for everyone)

Old 10-18-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Intresting...

I feel bad for the Katana, obvious lack of knowledge on how it's to be wielded just looking at your hands and stance. >.>

Though me like Katana's, got 6 of them all functional weapons. No fancy aluminum alloy ones that can't be sharpened and likely to fall apart from a single proper cut motion. All 100% steel, my prized one was $1,500.00 for it. Looking into getting a 8ft. one, but harder to find and pretty pricy. >.>

Lol, even got a pretty battered up bokken too from when I use to do Kendo. Nice pic though, see you got an HP Pavilion back there. My uncle would cry if he saw that, he works for Dell. :lol:
Old 10-18-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrubient
Intresting...

I feel bad for the Katana, obvious lack of knowledge on how it's to be wielded just looking at your hands and stance. >.>

Though me like Katana's, got 6 of them all functional weapons. No fancy aluminum alloy ones that can't be sharpened and likely to fall apart from a single proper cut motion. All 100% steel, my prized one was $1,500.00 for it. Looking into getting a 8ft. one, but harder to find and pretty pricy. >.>

Lol, even got a pretty battered up bokken too from when I use to do Kendo. Nice pic though, see you got an HP Pavilion back there. My uncle would cry if he saw that, he works for Dell. :lol:
lol I'd would have done a better stance but my friend was taking the pic and he kept bitching to not to act cool -_- ill get a better pic soon enough

FYI: I know much about Katanas and they're stances so :P

and about my comp ^^ dont judge by its outsides XD the inside has been Buffed like no tomorrow with enough stuff to run 2 Elder Scrolls IV Oblivions on High settings with no decrease in FPS ... I know I've done it :D

It got me threw a lot and has yet to crash on me yet .. it works better than my friends DELL that costed him 2,000 XD and mine only costed 600 bucks .

and 1 last EDIT ... Post a Pic of you ... the title isnt called "Comment on other's computer/stances" lol
Old 10-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
lol I'd would have done a better stance but my friend was taking the pic and he kept bitching to not to act cool -_- ill get a better pic soon enough

Guessing you're stating you don't know much about how to hold a katana? Even without the stance at least holding has a reason and method.

If you did mean that you don't know some quick tips:
  • First hand should be about 1-2 fingers away from the hand guard. (The thing preventing you hand from sliding on to the blade)
  • Back of the katana rests gently between thumb and index finger, hand wraps around the hilt and the bend in the fingers just after the knuckles should line up with the blade.
  • Second hand 1-2 fingers away from the first hand, same sitting of the weapon as first hand.

This way when you swing the hilt and hands work together so the weapon is an extension of yourself. First always pushes and second hand pulls to create a more powerful and effective swing. Swords not a bat so don't hold it like one. Tips given there should get you the basic way of holding a Katana, got a few others after that. >.>
Old 10-18-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:

Guessing you're stating you don't know much about how to hold a katana? Even without the stance at least holding has a reason and method.

• First hand should be about 1-2 fingers away from the hand guard. (The thing preventing you hand from sliding on to the blade)
  • Back of the katana rests gently between thumb and index finger, hand wraps around the hilt and the bend in the fingers just after the knuckles should line up with the blade.
  • Second hand 1-2 fingers away from the first hand, same sitting of the weapon as first hand.

This way when you swing the hilt and hands work together so the weapon is an extension of yourself. First always pushes and second hand pulls to create a more powerful and effective swing. Swords not a bat so don't hold it like one. Tips given there should get you the basic way of holding a Katana, got a few others after that. >.>
dude I said I KNOW how to hold a Katana in many diffrent stances -_- I didnt say I dont ... later back to work.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:00 PM   #6
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

dude I said I KNOW how to hold a Katana in many diffrent stances -_- I didnt say I dont ... later back to work.
Lol, ok just making sure. To many times seen typo's in that spot and go with what they say to find out they didn't.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:02 PM   #7
Kismet
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Umm.. kays here's my ugly face.

*Taken a couple of days ago.

**Please don't save this picture. I'll probably want to delete it in a few hours in order to remain annonoymous. =X
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv227_169.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	3870  
Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #8
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet

**Please don't save this picture. I'll probably want to delete it in a few hours in order to remain annonoymous. =X
Saved and ready for blackmailing purposes :D

You're not ugly, you're pretty cute actually.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:43 PM   #9
Chakrila
Banned
Forum Member

Quote:

nice care bear on the monitor :D

pics from my myspace:

deleted all the ones i had on my comp, too incriminating :x
Old 10-18-2006, 05:03 PM   #10
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:

your not ugly :( why do you think so?
Old 10-18-2006, 11:23 PM   #11
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

If I had any recent ones and not when I was 16 then sure, I'd post some. No digital camera and/or scanner and no wish to have a photo of me taken FTW.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:00 AM   #12
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythago
If I had any recent ones and not when I was 16 then sure, I'd post some. No digital camera and/or scanner and no wish to have a photo of me taken FTW.
hehe
Old 10-19-2006, 01:26 AM   #13
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

Quote:

The first thing I thought of when I saw your pic: "Wow, she looks like Christina Ricci. And Ricci is waaaay hot." ^o^
Old 10-19-2006, 03:34 AM   #14
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

I am the faceless anonity behind your computer screen!

I also got personal reasons. >.>
Old 10-19-2006, 07:05 AM   #15
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythago
I am the faceless anonity behind your computer screen!

I also got personal reasons. >.>
You're a 12 year old girl arent you. Or you have a parasitic alien latched onto your face.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:16 AM   #16
Saphire
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:

You should tie your hair up! It'd look nice. ^^

I get gay when it comes to hair... >_>
Old 10-19-2006, 08:25 AM   #17
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire
Quote:

lol my hair has to be perfect as well XD
Old 10-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #18
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

You can meet me IRL but then I'll shove an ovadepositer down your throat and lay my eggs in your chest... but I'm not an alien!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #19
Rina Refine

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

did u know if it looks lyk u have a whole can? bottle? of gel/wax/mousse/glue???(english ppl use it?) it's not that attractive? how would i snuggle up againist a guy and then end up having sticky stuff all over my face...
i dont know english trends and stuff but u shouldnt worry too much, cause if u spend the night with them :P ur hairs going to be all messed up and u'll look realli different.
but u should care about ur hair because usually hair is the first thing on a person's face u see and can change ur first impression alot...
...i know... im just feeling lonely because no one is putting up a thread that i can realli contribute to and i cant keep on requesting .dats because that's selfish...
...plz use that angry fist of anger not at me, but at the corrupted government! >_<

Old 10-19-2006, 11:13 AM   #20
Saphire
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinaxrina
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

did u know if it looks lyk u have a whole can? bottle? of gel/wax/mousse/glue???(english ppl use it?) it's not that attractive? how would i snuggle up againist a guy and then end up having sticky stuff all over my face...
i dont know english trends and stuff but u shouldnt worry too much, cause if u spend the night with them :P ur hairs going to be all messed up and u'll look realli different.
but u should care about ur hair because usually hair is the first thing on a person's face u see and can change ur first impression alot...
...i know... im just feeling lonely because no one is putting up a thread that i can realli contribute to and i cant keep on requesting .dats because that's selfish...
...plz use that angry fist of anger not at me, but at the corrupted government! >_<
Erm, first of all, I'm not saying I use any of that, but that's not true. Wax is a dry product (same as mousse), it would never be sticky. Not to mention that hair wax is to be used in minimal ammounts around the points of the bangs... as I said, I'm gay for hair.
Gel *is* sticky, and it goes with some hairstyles, so I'm not gonna diss any hair products, because as long as you know how to use them and they go with your style, they are all good.

Anyway, you could contribute to the thread by posting your picture. :roll:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum