Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section

Notices

Old 10-30-2006, 01:23 PM   #1
Luna-Reis
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Request: Mihli's Mace?

I noticed something about the General's mace in the Besieged ending CS, where she's leaning on it. It looks really freaking big, and I'm jealous. >_> It's only in that one scene though, if you check her out while she's just standing around it's the same model as any other club like that.
What I was going for here is, would any of the nice folks here who know VRS or whatever it takes be able to make a scaled up version of the Great / Kraken model club like she has, something on par in size with the Longsword class weapons, or thereabouts? (Whatever looks nice and hefty without being unreasonable) If it can't be done because of the way the game changes weapon sizes on the fly, then no worries. Many thanks in advance either way >^^<
Old 10-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Default Re: Request: Mihli's Mace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna-Reis
I noticed something about the General's mace in the Besieged ending CS, where she's leaning on it. It looks really freaking big, and I'm jealous. >_> It's only in that one scene though, if you check her out while she's just standing around it's the same model as any other club like that.
What I was going for here is, would any of the nice folks here who know VRS or whatever it takes be able to make a scaled up version of the Great / Kraken model club like she has, something on par in size with the Longsword class weapons, or thereabouts? (Whatever looks nice and hefty without being unreasonable) If it can't be done because of the way the game changes weapon sizes on the fly, then no worries. Many thanks in advance either way >^^<
Game generally doesn't resize weapons. It resizes other things and possibly resized NPCs for the cutscenes, but otherwise it usually doesn't.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #3
Luna-Reis
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Eh, I wasn't really sure about that, I was just thinking it might be a concern. If you ever watch a Taru draw thier weapons, two handers most notably, they change size alot.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna-Reis
Eh, I wasn't really sure about that, I was just thinking it might be a concern. If you ever watch a Taru draw thier weapons, two handers most notably, they change size alot.
Hmmm... I've never noticed that when playing and I was a tarutaru, but I rarely had a two-handed weapon either (I was a whm.) :P
In any case, resizing a weapon isn't too hard to do in VRS. It would look kinda weird tho, the handle would be bigger around and the hand wouldn't look like it would fit around it. If you got a picture of Mihli with the bigger sized club, post it up as a reference.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

I think they mean in the model viewer
Old 10-31-2006, 11:45 AM   #6
Luna-Reis
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

It's not from the actual cutscene I was reffering to, but it's the same motion and has the same effect on the club.

http://www.neko-sentai.com/forum/download.php?id=3907
(Pulled that from Gulkeeva's post in another thread)

If you play a Mithra you should notice it too, it's clearly much larger than the normal model.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Dat Request/Missing Dat Request Section