Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats

Notices

Old 11-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #1
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Opinions on a face

Just wondering if this is brilliant, or absolutly retarded. Lemme know please either way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hair_front_825.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	4524   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair_back_209.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	4525  
Old 11-05-2006, 08:25 PM   #2
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Hair can be used as a weapon.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #3
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Looks like someone could use a haircut... could poke someone's eye out with it. :P
If you like how it looks, I say use it!
Old 11-06-2006, 07:37 AM   #4
eissa
Pro-Lurker
Forum Member

i think it looks good :)
Old 11-06-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
Nostalgika
Forum Member

if the back weren't so straight i'd say it looks good haha

sweet font though
Old 11-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #6
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

I like the body armor you're using. (Since I made it.) :P
Old 11-06-2006, 11:59 PM   #7
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Yeah who ever made the body is awesome! I hope one day I can remember who made it >.> <.<. The font is in Misc. or something and called Morpheus if I remember correctly. I actually have been trying to get the hair to bend and weighted down so when you run it does not go flying all over the place. Anyone know how to do it?
Old 11-07-2006, 12:22 AM   #8
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by To_Dupre
Yeah who ever made the body is awesome! I hope one day I can remember who made it >.> <.<. The font is in Misc. or something and called Morpheus if I remember correctly. I actually have been trying to get the hair to bend and weighted down so when you run it does not go flying all over the place. Anyone know how to do it?
First off, thanks for the compliment.
Second, to change weights in VRS, you select the vertecies you want to be weight different, then click on Envelope under the View menu. Find and set any of the values in the list to 0. Then set the value for the skeleton you want those vertecies weighted to 1 (unless you want to try weighing the vertecies to two skeletons, in which case you can divide the weights up as long as the total adds up to 1, like 0.5 and 0.5 or 0.75 and 0.25.) How do you know which skeleton you want you may wonder? Heh, that's a tough question sometimes. If you select the skeletons in the top window (they are the blue boxes) you can see which one is for what part of the body if you have View Skeletons turned on in your perspective window. This can give you a pretty good idea of which one you will want to try to use. For this case, my guess would probably be use the skeleton right above the one that is currently being used. Anyways, good luck. :)
Old 11-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #9
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Thanks for the info, however I have never used VRS so I guess I better start learning to huh. Ive been fooling around with just paint, GC3, and Metaseq.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #10
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Ok ive been fooling around with VRS, I now know enough to do more harm then good it seems! I open up the head mesh trying to weigh down the hair, but it says its a Mesh object and not a skeleton am I doing something wrong?
Old 11-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #11
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Ok ive been fooling around with VRS, I now know enough to do more harm then good it seems! I open up the head mesh trying to weigh down the hair, but it says its a Mesh object and not a skeleton am I doing something wrong?
Umm... not quite sure what you mean...
But, let me try again to explain how to do it in VRS. You imported the dat for the head, and then you select the mesh object in the Schematic window, and in the Perspective window, that mesh should have white edges and yellow vertecies. Make sure you have the Perspective window selected and then under the Target menu you want to have Vertex checked. Then you go ahead and use the Single select or Add select tool to select the vertecies you want changed. The ones that you select should turn red. Then under the View menu, click on Envelope open... A list of skeletons and values should pop up. These are the skeleton weights for the selected vertecies. Click into the value and you will be able to edit it. Remember, this will affect all the vertecies you have selected. If you notice some skeletons have a blank instead of a number value, that means the vertices have different values for that same skeleton. A couple of rules about weights: each vertex must be weighed to one or two skeletons. The total weight of each vertex must equal 1.0. This means you can have one weight be the whole 1.0, or have the vertex weighed to two skeletons and split the total. The values are basically percentages of how much that vertex is moved when the skeleton is moved, rotated, etc. To keep things simple, just stick with a single skeleton to each vertex for now. After that, you may save your dat file by clicking on FFXI model save in the "FFXI tools" toolbox. Make sure you check where it is saving your file to so you don't overwrite something you don't want to. If it pops up with an error saying vertecies are not weighed, you missed something, and it needs to be fixed or else your .dat file will not work correctly.
Damn I'm writing a book about this... :roll: Sorry, kinda a bad habit of mine. A friend of mine keeps complaining that my e-mails get to be too long... kinda funny when I send him like several pages worth, and he replies with one or two lines. :lol:

Ummm.... ok that's it. End of Kickern's tutorial.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:04 PM   #12
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Ok, I changed the eyes to blue and tried to tame that super long hair of yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	extra_spikey_hair_164.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	4652  
Attached Files
File Type: dat head_599.dat (51.6 KB, 70 views)
Old 11-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #13
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I don't know how you do it, or how you do it so fast.... You need to quit these forums and go work for Square Enix and re-do FFXI from scratch! Naw just kidding stay on the forums so when people that have no idea what there doing wrong (like me) can get help and not band there head on the walls for hours at a time. Thanks again!
Old 11-12-2006, 02:57 AM   #14
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
I don't know how you do it, or how you do it so fast.... You need to quit these forums and go work for Square Enix and re-do FFXI from scratch! Naw just kidding stay on the forums so when people that have no idea what there doing wrong (like me) can get help and not band there head on the walls for hours at a time. Thanks again!
Heh. I am but a mere mortal, just like you. :P

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats