Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 11-07-2006, 01:17 AM   #1
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,213 Times in 3,294 Posts

Default Some tips on making PSU easier on you~!

Few tips/info that can help.. and I found interesting O_o

All mobs have element
The higher % of an element more damage you do to it

like 50% ice sword will do 50% more damage to a fire mob, but 50% less to a ice mob

Another interesting things is apparently all mobs are equiped with there element.

So if you get a +50 fire armor on, you wil ltake 50% less damage from all fire mob attacks/technics.

Thats right! Dragon A probably hit you near 0's with a 50%+ fire armor at Lv 30 as hunter beast

you'll take 50% more damage from ice spells though >.>

since new planet comming outs mainly fire and earth mobs.. that really won't matter >.>

learned this after buying a gigaline with 28% fire resistance... De ragon steps on me went from about 50-809and its soorta knockback/photon art) down to 15-20 (and won't interupt me at all)

tail swing went from 100-110 down to 50-60 (won't knock me to the ground now)

fire breath from 130~150 down to 60-70.. its pretty awsome
Old 11-07-2006, 01:37 AM   #2
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Old 11-07-2006, 01:46 AM   #3
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

You are also 10 levels higher than him now. :wink:
Also, is that a funny looking hat you've got on there?
Old 11-07-2006, 01:51 AM   #4
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickern
You are also 10 levels higher than him now. :wink:
Also, is that a funny looking hat you've got on there?
even though I'm 10 lvl's above it using non elemental armour he steps on you for 80-110 damage, he hits my Lv60 PM you see in that screenshot for 60-80.

bosses are on a whole nother level in power :P

and yes you can buy strange accessories, I got a strange hat >.>

soorta reminds me of the girl named .. harely? from the batman cartoon they used to show so I got it haha
Old 11-07-2006, 03:12 AM   #5
LadyPeorth
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Harley Quinn

I'm really impressed at those numbers for elemental armor as well...might end up just making some lower level armors just to elementally attune them. Straight damage reduction > Defense increase (see Earth Staff)
Old 11-07-2006, 03:19 AM   #6
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyPeorth
Harley Quinn

I'm really impressed at those numbers for elemental armor as well...might end up just making some lower level armors just to elementally attune them. Straight damage reduction > Defense increase (see Earth Staff)
yeah making an armour with very high elemental.. would be much more powerful then anything high lvl and expensive
Old 11-07-2006, 12:28 PM   #7
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

There's also Harlequinn from Chrono Cross. She has a French accent and is a pretty fun character.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #8
Braze
Forum Member

Making armor is not easy from what I see...

Also, I don't know if Gulk's post was clear enough.. but if the mob has that attribute EVERY attack they do is aligned with that attribute. Not just technics.

And I thought Gigaline was Ice only.. as you can only use Ban-Photons to make it O.o Are you sure its not another armor?
Old 11-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #9
LadyPeorth
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braze
MAnd I thought Gigaline was Ice only.. as you can only use Ban-Photons to make it O.o Are you sure its not another armor?
Ban-Photons are the Fire type Photon, Ray are the Ice. You might be thinking of this
Old 11-07-2006, 04:01 PM   #10
Braze
Forum Member

Ah... duh... my bad. You're right. I remember hearing about it and it was my FO friend, who had that.. and I confused it with the Gigaline, they have the same starting letters. That's exciting, since that's what I'm gonna to try to make.. even though it has... 33% chance.. -.- sigh!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #11
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Ah... duh... my bad. You're right. I remember hearing about it and it was my FO friend, who had that.. and I confused it with the Gigaline, they have the same starting letters. That's exciting, since that's what I'm gonna to try to make.. even though it has... 33% chance.. -.- sigh!
I have 49% chance on my PM now XD
Old 11-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #12
Braze
Forum Member

Supposedly Armor PMs get the shaft.. as they only increase their chance by 20% as opposed to 30%+ for the weapons/ranged/rods.

Also I hear that combat levels increase the chance as well.. like 1% per every 5 combat levels? (And it applies to all synths, not just the main one)
Old 11-08-2006, 09:10 PM   #13
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Supposedly Armor PMs get the shaft.. as they only increase their chance by 20% as opposed to 30%+ for the weapons/ranged/rods.

Also I hear that combat levels increase the chance as well.. like 1% per every 5 combat levels? (And it applies to all synths, not just the main one)
possible but as I see it the combat lvl is only increasing my striking and my armor synth rate isn't going up (88%->89% 4 star dagger, gigaline still 37%)

I'm goint to be lvling my PM's combat on my armor crafter with the free time so I'll have the 20% and more as I progress my beast force to lv 50.. thats right beast force ! t('-'t)

Mainly to survive solo, and to heal the PM to keep the rank points comming in. Probably do some parties though to make it easier, but the ability to craft decently... elemental armor for myself will make soloing easier even in dangerous areas.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #14
LadyPeorth
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Finished some Light Resist armor (12%). My view on it is that the % photon is only partially influencing the damage. The fact that it is attuned influences a lot it seems. The hopping light based enemies inside of Sleeping Warriors C normally hit me for 24-30 damage, but instead were striking at about 12-14 damage...a roughly 50% reduction for only 12%. Before you say "Well it's cause your high leveled..." No...I took 24 damage the run before I pulled armor from the synth machine, and I took 12 damage the run directly after...and no I did not level up mid-run.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:00 PM   #15
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyPeorth
Finished some Light Resist armor (12%). My view on it is that the % photon is only partially influencing the damage. The fact that it is attuned influences a lot it seems. The hopping light based enemies inside of Sleeping Warriors C normally hit me for 24-30 damage, but instead were striking at about 12-14 damage...a roughly 50% reduction for only 12%. Before you say "Well it's cause your high leveled..." No...I took 24 damage the run before I pulled armor from the synth machine, and I took 12 damage the run directly after...and no I did not level up mid-run.
yup.. elemental on armor is very strong... to the point you can make stuff do 0's higher up then you
Old 11-09-2006, 12:23 PM   #16
Braze
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
Quote:

possible but as I see it the combat lvl is only increasing my striking and my armor synth rate isn't going up (88%->89% 4 star dagger, gigaline still 37%)

I'm goint to be lvling my PM's combat on my armor crafter with the free time so I'll have the 20% and more as I progress my beast force to lv 50.. thats right beast force ! t('-'t)

Mainly to survive solo, and to heal the PM to keep the rank points comming in. Probably do some parties though to make it easier, but the ability to craft decently... elemental armor for myself will make soloing easier even in dangerous areas.
Ok. Weird... I think because of the fact that armor has such an impact on mobs that they wanted to make it tougher...

There's nothing wrong with going against the curve, heck, in FFXI it worked just fine. I think the races difference are a lot more noticable in this game, though... And that Rare item you found that gave you 80+ TP? Be careful, it also increases your casting time. The reverse of that one is Me/Quick, -20 TP but it decreases your casting time.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #17
Braze
Forum Member

Different tangent, but relatively close to the topic.

Forces and healing.

Its almost assumed to go hand in hand and its an issue much akin to Red Mages and healing in FFXI. Not all of them do it, but everyone expects them to. Considering this game has NO alternative except for items (at the moment), I think that as a Force you should at least heal now and then, especially in really tough situations. Most of the people I have seen and talk to don't mind/enjoy doing it, mostly because it helps them just as much as it helps us. But if you are running around trying to chase after people to make sure they don't die, yell at them. Hunters especially tend to forget where they are and what they are doing, just that "that bad guy over there needs to die". I've done it.. not noticing I'm in yellow health. As the person in low health, try to disengage immediately and run to your nearest Force, as it'll get you a cure much faster and away from death.

Now, nice people tend to thank Forces, which is well and good.

Don't over do it.

It can and will start to get annoying, as well as clutter up the screen. Just go with the assumption that once they've heard it, they know you're acknowledging their good play. Maybe toss it in here and there, if they've healed you close to death... use judgement. Thanking someone for healing around 50+ hp is a little silly. I know I heal that just because the amount healed doesn't matter for skillup, but thanking me just seems weird.

That's just my two cents on it.. I've seen and done both sides, as well as heard some feedback from other Forces... can't say that my way is the right way, just a heads up and how I think it should be done to make both sides happy. At least for the healing... haven't even gotten into mob control. >D

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions