Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 11-09-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Default I need to vent...

Ever have one of those days where you want to go and rip someone's face off just for looking at you? I just probably had the most shit-tastic day ever.

So today my dad needs to go in town to get a new car battery at Sams Club, while he's doing that I'm looking around their video game department for FF12, I find it for around 45 dollars, steep for a game but whatever.

After we get home I open the case and notice one of the tabs on the cover to keep the instruction booklet in is broken off, I ignore that and I pop the CD in hoping for some kick ass gameplay, I get a window telling me I need to plug in a DualShock 2 controler, sadly mine was a cheap knockoff from MadCatz (Never buy shit from them, I'm serious) so aside from spending 50 fuckind dollars on a game I also got to go blow another 25 dollars for a fucking controler, but first I need to wait another 5 hours before I can get the damn thing since I don't have the car home.

5 Hours later I run into Wal-Mart with my dad to get it, come home and the fucking thing won't load, instead of asking me to insert a dual shock controler, I get a black screen. I had some recent problems with it loading my ToAU disc so I decide to take it apart (I'm experienced with eletronics, so it doesn't bother me one bit.) after about 2 hours of cleaning the dust out of the fucking console and popping in my disc I still get a black screen.

So I basicly wasted my whole fucking night screwing around with my PS2 just to find out my damn disc is corrupted......
Old 11-10-2006, 12:37 AM   #2
hello
Kitty Inspector
Forum Member

Ouch man... I wanna play that game too :( but gotta save money.
So um is sams club/wal mart going to replace the game? I know they have that whole bull shit policy of not accepting returns on cd's, dvd's, etc that have been opened. Thats why when i buy a game or movie i only open the bottom part of the plastic, and carefully slide the game out, then remove the lil stickers carefully not to tear them, open the game or movie, play it til i beat it then slide the game back in the plastic sheath which rips easy so be carful!! then i put a drop of super glue on one part of the plastic tab, smear it quickly and seal it back. Take the game back, say it was a gift, they give you its value worth in store credit. So its like free rentals with an initial investment of $50 :P

Ive actually bought games off walmarts website once that came in the mail scratched to hell though, they wouldnt accept a return though which was bull shit. I think they repackage used games or something. But ff12 is new so that doesnt make sense
Old 11-10-2006, 12:47 AM   #3
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

And I really hate people like Hello...

As for me I buy games from EB Games which replace them no questions asked when shit like that happens... or maybe it's because I'm friends with all the managers and employees. :twisted: But I'm also an honest enough person to never try and dick people like that.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:13 AM   #4
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

I will find out tommorw if they will take it back, if they don't I swear to god the police are gonna be throwing me out of there I'll be bitching up a storm at customer service.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello
Ouch man... I wanna play that game too :( but gotta save money.
So um is sams club/wal mart going to replace the game? I know they have that whole bull shit policy of not accepting returns on cd's, dvd's, etc that have been opened. Thats why when i buy a game or movie i only open the bottom part of the plastic, and carefully slide the game out, then remove the lil stickers carefully not to tear them, open the game or movie, play it til i beat it then slide the game back in the plastic sheath which rips easy so be carful!! then i put a drop of super glue on one part of the plastic tab, smear it quickly and seal it back. Take the game back, say it was a gift, they give you its value worth in store credit. So its like free rentals with an initial investment of $50 :P

Ive actually bought games off walmarts website once that came in the mail scratched to hell though, they wouldnt accept a return though which was bull shit. I think they repackage used games or something. But ff12 is new so that doesnt make sense
Their policy of not accepting opened CDs are of multiple reason, what you described here is one of them. The other is because people will image the CD and then return the original, highly illegal piracy. It's just the same bullshit our customers were doing our pool heaters, they purchase the heater use it during the whole winter season and then return it. That's why we've changed the policy on heaters to only being returnable in the first 10 days, stores make damn sure you are aware of this so if you decide to procrastinate to test it and wait to long then you are ****ed. We did that because nothing ****s with a Pool Supply Retail company more then people buying $1,000.00+ items in our off-season. Thinking we have money to open more stores, and to have those jackasses return those $1,000.00 items when we start going into season and doing our plans. We find our plans on opening stores that we spent 3-4 months on are all shot to hell and have 2 weeks to work a new plan or have already been screwed because now we've opened to many stores and now unable to offer discounts.

Usually though most places policies on CDs is not that they won't accept them back at all. It usually states that you can trade the CD for the same one, this is to cover for those bad burns/corrupt cds that can happen like what happened to Corrderio. They should allow you to exchange that CD for the same one.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #6
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Well, they took it back and I got a new copy.

I fucking love the game, only issue I have is with some of the models in the game. (Like Vayne in the movie had black hari, but his model in the game looked more like grey hair, as well as Vaan's chest)
Old 11-11-2006, 03:49 AM   #7
hello
Kitty Inspector
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythago
And I really hate people like Hello...

As for me I buy games from EB Games which replace them no questions asked when shit like that happens... or maybe it's because I'm friends with all the managers and employees. :twisted: But I'm also an honest enough person to never try and dick people like that.
If you've ever downloaded a song or photoshop or anything else that origionally costs money but you got it for free then you have no room at all to talk :D

And yea im perfectly aware of why they dont take returns on stuff like that once its been opened. But 95% of the games i have ever played have had a max of 10 hours of actual play time, the rest is all filler and what not, theyre rippin people off at $50 a game. hell you can even beat most final fantasy games in less than 24 hours of play time. I dont mean 100% complete, but finish the story.

Oh an corr, is the real-time element well made? I've heard both that it sucks and ive heard that its awesome... Seems like they are going away from the tradition of what a ff game is more and more with each new one though.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #8
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

It can be sort of confusing, but I like it. Sotra reminds me of FFXI.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum