Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats

Notices

Old 11-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #1
Calipso
Forum Member

Default Question about Luto's Joy Emote

(http://www.ffximc.com/page.php?id=116)

Ok, so this works really well for me in Model Veiwer, but when I do it FFXI it ends really choppily. Is this normal or am I missing something? ; ;

Edit: yay for fraps

Short vid of model veiwer emote:

http://files.filefront.com/modelemot.../fileinfo.html

Short vid of ffxi emote:

http://files.filefront.com/ffxiemote.../fileinfo.html

(sorry for the lame music in the background, had my computer muted and forgot itunes was going :P)
Old 11-26-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Looks like the frames for Luto's emote is longer then the standard emote you replaced it with. I think I had it worked out right at one point but unfortunatly lost that dat and have yet to remake it yet. Think there is a tutorial to edit motions that don't quite fit to the one you replaced it with. Unfortunatly I'm not very good at explaining how to fix it =/
Old 11-26-2006, 01:34 PM   #3
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,214 Times in 3,295 Posts

I mentioned in the post

Quote:
This was updated to soorta in a way fix how the motion played out which seemed to "end suddenly"

This fix will make the whole emote playout then switch back to idle or whatever position you were last at.
I had to "extend" it out, if I shorten it anymore... she would "jump" back into idle mid "luto emote" only way I saw to fix it was to extend out the idle so it would playout the entire luto emote.

Since its soorta a long emote, just 1 small extension of it would make for some akward movment. So it was the best solution I could come up with to look soorta decent O_o
Old 11-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
Calipso
Forum Member

it's still really cute.. I just didn't get why it worked ok in model veiwer but not in ffxi, which is why I asked if I maybe did something wrong (really new to dat switching still.. :P)
would it help if I switched it with a different emote? (in that vid I had it switched with /joy.. maybe something like /cheer would work better? I think it's longer..)
Old 09-06-2007, 02:15 AM   #5
Kamiya Kaoru
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

ok i tryed missing with this file but im not sure im putting it in the right place can you tell me what rom-folder it would have to go in ?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:24 AM   #6
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

After messing with this a little more I found out a way to "fix" it so to speak. The problem is that the last frames mesh with luto's idle motion. After placing Luto's idle motion as my idle motion it fixed the "choppy" look of how it ends. Standard Mithra Idle motion doesn't stand the same as Luto's Idle motion does which is where the choppy look comes into play. It is sort of a hiccup between the differences of the 2 idle animations.

As for poster above, I believe the download you get comes with a notepad instruction telling you where it goes. Most mithra animations are stored in ROM/51 files 89 or 92 for most part.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #7
Kamiya Kaoru
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

i did that but all i got was me in the floor XD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats