Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » NPCs, Mobs, Chocobo etc

Notices

Old 11-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
Zorafin
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Character models without FFXI installed.

I canceled my content ID and uninstalled FFXI, since I needed the comp space (coughPSUcough). But I still want to mess around with the character models. How much would I have to download or keep in order to get most of the stuff working on my comp? As an example, I downloaded one of the idl hume edits on this site, along with an arm, leg, foot, and body mod, and got a head as well. There are no menus available for this model, though.
How much would I have to download to get the character working again?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #2
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,213 Times in 3,294 Posts

Considering 90% of the game is models and zones.. it would be several GB in character models motions and such i would presume.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:20 PM   #3
Zorafin
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Let's say I want the bare minimum. I want all the WSs, emotes and all that working, but I don't need all the armors and such for every character (though that would be nice). What would I need to download for all that to work?

And a place to download all this would be nice too >.>
Old 11-24-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
Sonomaa
Forum Police

about 3 gigs approximatly of information

go buy the game for 20bux, or download it from a torrent, install and patch it, enjoy modelviewer. I dont think anyone is able to give you 3 gigs of information like that
Old 11-25-2006, 12:47 AM   #5
Zorafin
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

So I'd have to reinstall the game to get enough files just to work the model viewer? And the fact that I'd have to resubscribe to get newer armory... I don't think I'd be willing to do that again. I needed the space that FFXI was eating up, plus I didn't want to get drawn into the game again, but I really love the work you guys do here enough that I want working models...

What are the chances of the .dat editing in PSU being as good as the stuff here?
Old 11-25-2006, 03:15 PM   #6
gengenskitty
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorafin
So I'd have to reinstall the game to get enough files just to work the model viewer? And the fact that I'd have to resubscribe to get newer armory... I don't think I'd be willing to do that again. I needed the space that FFXI was eating up, plus I didn't want to get drawn into the game again, but I really love the work you guys do here enough that I want working models...

What are the chances of the .dat editing in PSU being as good as the stuff here?
since its a new game probubly slim since no ones tried it yet so no one knows what kind of viewer is required to edit the files
Old 11-25-2006, 05:07 PM   #7
Zorafin
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it will happen some day. Until then, keep up the quality of modding I've seen so far.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #8
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,213 Times in 3,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorafin
I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it will happen some day. Until then, keep up the quality of modding I've seen so far.
well theres supposidly nude dats for PSu already but haven't seen them... yet, although I hear theres a "nude female neman" thing where... its a patch that if you move the skin tone slider to really light it makes all the clothes come off haha >.>
Old 11-26-2006, 09:55 PM   #9
Zorafin
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Well, there's hope at least. Though that's not really what I'd like to call hope...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » NPCs, Mobs, Chocobo etc