Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 11-17-2006, 02:31 AM   #1
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Default I'm starting too loose my faith in mankind.

Another rant, but WTH.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=532046

Okay... I dunno who's more retarded, the manager or the retards who actually are CAMPING near winter to own a console..

I mean for the love of god it's a damn video game, you act like this is your only chance at the console, and what's evev more pathetic are the ppl who are selling them for double the price over the internet. Probably should have stayed in high school for a education if you're that desperate for money huh?
Old 11-17-2006, 02:38 AM   #2
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Good thing I never had faith anyway. I say the people stupid enough to do that deserve it because if they had half a brain to BEGIN with they'd be doing what I'm doing... which is "Meh, I'll wait until the rush is gone." It's not going to be the one and only chance to get the stupid system. Sure it might be sold out for awhile but there's nothing that's z0mgWTFBBQsauce enough to do that... ever.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:43 AM   #3
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Hell, most first released consoles have some bad deffects in them, I know the first release PS2s had an issue with the disk drive and don't forget about the 360s hug assed flaws.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:59 AM   #4
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

PS3's melt. Literally.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:56 AM   #5
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

See? That's why I'll wait, 360 had the same issue with their first releases with over heating, and if you shook it by accident it would scratch your CD beyond repair.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:17 AM   #6
Dragoon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
See? That's why I'll wait, 360 had the same issue with their first releases with over heating, and if you shook it by accident it would scratch your CD beyond repair.
damn straight exactly what I said to the people lining up outside of Best Buy I yelled while driving by

"Your GOnna be Sorry!" ... 360 Forever"

and you need a HD-TV to get the full graphic results
Old 11-17-2006, 12:12 PM   #7
Hadrubient
Forum Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
damn straight exactly what I said to the people lining up outside of Best Buy I yelled while driving by

"Your GOnna be Sorry!" ... 360 Forever"

and you need a HD-TV to get the full graphic results
Same thing with the 360 needing HD-TV for full graphic results so that reason is moot.

PS3 so far the only big defect presented about it has been that it was like 95% compatible with past games instead of the 100% they said it would be. However, the 100% compatibiliy is said to come after a flash memory update. Otherwise the system seems quite stable in comparison to the XBox360.

Hardware wise the system very well designed and less likely to suffer XBox360's flaws. Just the software that needs fixed which is a lot easier to handle fixing then hardware is.

Just find it a bit funny though people would attack PS3 so hard for that when XBox360 was suppose to be backwards compatibile to and yet only had like a 2% compatibility when first released. Of the bat the PS3 has had a better initial run then the XBox360 did.

Just if Sony's marketing group would get better at advertising, that's the only thing that the XBox 360 kicks the crap out of is they are getting ungodly amounts of advertisement going. With the amount of advertisement you could sell shit as if it was gold. Comment not directed at anything, just the fact the more advertisement the better sells you get for anything doesn't often matter what it is.

The real kicker of something potentially being really good though is when you can sell it like hot cakes without advertising.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:19 PM   #8
Koyasha
Forum Member

I wish I had pre-ordered one and then bothered to show up to get one. Why? Not because I *want* a PS3, especially not at $600.

http://vegetawantsps3.ytmnd.com/

And if you think that's just a joke.. this one and this one both have bids on them. o.O
Old 11-17-2006, 02:25 PM   #9
Asgardian
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

There were a couple sold on Yahoo! Japanese Auctions for roughly 1.8 million US dollars. >.>
Old 11-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #10
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Some ppl are just plain retarded.....
Old 11-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #11
Koyasha
Forum Member

That's insane. Hell, $9000 is insane, but....millions? What the... Who could possibly have that kind of money to blow on getting something NOW NOW NOW instead of waiting a few months?

Unless I hear that they actually paid, I can only imagine that the person who bid didn't actually go through with the payment. Generally people that have millions didn't get that way by spending them so incredibly frivolously. Of course, knowing how crazy people are, I dare not dismiss the idea out of hand....
Old 11-17-2006, 09:06 PM   #12
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Hell, ppl are starting to MUG for them, someone got shot in the chest and shoulder waiting outside for one today, he's not in critical condition but damn........
Old 11-18-2006, 04:34 AM   #13
NamelessChibi
Forum Member

To be honest I read absolutely nothing but the first post, so forgive my laziness to read the entire thread and forgive any repeats of already brought up subjects.

The system just doesn't seem to "hot" to me. So far from what I can tell the only thing making it sell is "It's a Playstation" and not the fact the obvious new technology IS going to have some problems along the way. It's not some "maybe" or "if" it WILL. I'll be optimistic a bit and say MAYBE one of a few hundred systems will be perfect (Take a look at my old First Generation PS2, that lasted me for five years, I got my moneys worth out of that thing and yes I used it for both PS2, PSX and DVDs.) without trouble. Though the small do not outweight the many in this case.

Sides... Six Hundred bucks? When I could buy a Wii, three extra controllers and two or three games for about the same price, maybe a little more. So yeah... that's my take.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:49 AM   #14
rosemarie
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

edited: he took off his auction
Old 11-19-2006, 12:58 AM   #15
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Wow, that's sad.

Anyway, in the news reguarding the PS3...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=532046
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/playstation3
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155309
Old 11-19-2006, 04:01 AM   #16
Kibz
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I camped the Wii for an hour and left because it didn't pop soon enough :roll:
Old 11-19-2006, 06:01 AM   #17
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Psh, n00b. Your not hardcore enough! :x
Old 11-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #18
Kibz
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Definitely not...I couldn't even wake up til an hour or two after the store opened today ~
Old 11-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #19
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Posted on KI:

As everyone knows, the PS3 launched on November 17 and gamers rabid to play the new system (or to make a killing with it on Ebay) have been waiting on line most of the week at various retailers across the country.

Apparently amazed and somewhat sickened by the phenomenon, radio morning man Adam Carolla addressed the issue on his Thursday morning broadcast.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #20
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

That's so stupid. Why can't people just wait a few more weeks? The first versions of a new console are almost always bugged anyways.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions